RSS

4 Weeks

Oh hai, I'm blogging again.  A million years ago when I was in third grade, my English teacher told me to keep a notebook on me at all times because she could tell I was going to be a writer one day.  I've been an underachieving aspiring writer ever since.  In addition to incomplete novels, I have started and abandoned more blogs than Elizabeth Taylor has marriages.  But now that I'm pregnant (hurray!) I will have at least nine months of material to blog about - provided all goes well.

One of my main goals of this pregnancy is to keep healthy and manage my anxiety symptoms.  I know it's going to be tough starting out a pregnancy being overweight and suffering from GAD but I hope writing about my journey will keep me accountable.

To that end, I have tweaked the standard weekly pregnancy check in to fit my needs.  I omitted some stuff that I didn't want ("wedding rings on or off?" - who cares? and "libido?" - none of your business) and added a list of workouts, anxiety level and recent reads (I'm a book junkie).
 
How Far Along: 4 weeks, 1 day
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a poppyseed
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Down 5 lbs from day of retrieval
Workouts: 0
Maternity Clothes: Nope
Gender: Who knows
Movement: Not yet
Sleep: Good, I'm tired a lot
What I miss: Nothing.
Cravings: Not particuarly hungry but sometimes milk
Symptoms: Weird pain in my side when I sneeze or yawn
Anxiety Level: Mostly a 1, except when I got lost (4ish).
Best Moment this week: Getting my BFP!
Reading: Your Pregnancy Week by Week (yawn) and the Mayo Clinic's Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy (okay)
Dad is: Excited

0 comments:

Post a Comment