RSS

8-9 Weeks

I skipped a week!  Well, I went out of town for a week and was away from a computer but I didn't skip the whole being pregnant part.  Just not much has been interesting since my last ultrasound at 8 weeks.  And since I'm 9 weeks, 1 day already today I may as well combine the two weeks and try to make sure my regular updates are close to the beginning of each pregnancy week.  No promises though.

How Far Along: 9 weeks, 1 day, but picture was taken at 8 weeks, 4 days.
Size of baby: Baby is the size of an olive.  I love olives.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: It fluctuates but as of this morning I am still down 10 pounds from retrieval day.  I got on the scale at my new OB's office yesterday and cringed a little because the number on the scale was 5 pounds more than the number on my scale, but then again I normally weight myself in the buff.  Stupid clothes.
Workouts: Being gone for 6 days I couldn't get to the gym but I did do a whole lot of walking around Boston.
Maternity Clothes: None, even though everyone on my birth month board seems to be wearing them.  I'm thankful I don't need them yet.
Gender: Who knows.
Movement: Not yet.
Sleep: Sleepy.  Skipped out on a charity meeting tonight because I needed to nap.
What I miss: Wine.  I forgot I was pregnant for a minute and thought about buying some.
Cravings: Over the weekend I really wanted potato salad but then I had some and it was meh.
Symptoms: None really.  Peeing a lot at night.
Anxiety Level: Elevated while riding with my husband in traffic but that's normal for me.
Best Moment this week: Telling friends the news after they guessed at a concert.
Reading: Mostly non-pregnancy reading this week.
Dad is: Getting a lot less sleep than me.

Last Monday (8 weeks) I had my last visit with the fertility clinic.  I saw Gizmo for a third time and he has grown a lot.  His heart rate was 153 bpm.  Since everything looked good, I "graduated" and they gave me a free copy of Baby Bargains. I skipped out of the office with my ultrasound on top of the world.

Tuesday began my Northeastern tour, starting with Election Night in Boston spent with some lovely ladies I met online.  DH and I watched the rest of the election results in our hotel room and I was happy that the final result was called before I fell asleep.  I missed the speeches though because, yawn.  Wednesday and Thursday I explored the city while DH worked and then Thursday night we headed down to Providence for a show by our favorite band.  Friday I had lunch with my little sister and then we drove downstate for another show and to crash at my folk's house.

Saturday, DH and I went to see his parents, had dinner, and then went to (you guessed it) another show, this time met by several of our close friends.  Despite my best efforts at drinking cokes with a little cocktail straw, they noticed I wasn't imbibing and guessed that our IVF was a success.  It was fun to share our news.

Yesterday I met my new OB and I liked her and her office much better than my old OB who made me wait six zillion years.  She didn't even give me a list of things not to do so I guess the sky's the limit.  The only thing she mentioned was that I could have lunch meat if I wanted.

No more doctor's appointments until December 7th, crazy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment