RSS

26 Weeks

I'm 26 weeks and one day today, because yesterday was too much of a hot mess to attempt checking in.  I took DH to the Emergency Room for what turns out is exercise-induced asthma.  It was a scary night with him wheezing and unable to breathe but we thought we'd make it to the morning and go to the Urgent Care.  By 7 a.m. when I woke up (and DH hadn't been to sleep at all) all bets were off and the poor guy could barely walk to the lobby of our building.

I will say this: the E.R. visit was amazing!  They got us into a private room within ten minutes of checking in.  The nurse was lovely and brought me juice and cookies.  Between being seen by a number of people (it's a teaching hospital), chest x-rays and three breathing treatments we were sent on our way in three short hours.  It isn't the hospital I'll be delivering at (I chose the crunchy women's hospital) but it will be the closest in case we ever have to bring Gizmo in for an emergency so I feel oddly relieved we had such a good experience.  They even have free valet!

Anyway, DH is much better.  The poor guy slept from 3 p.m. yesterday afternoon until 8 a.m. this morning.  Today he's actually going back to his personal trainer so I hope he brings his inhaler and takes it easy.  Then after our labor class he has to drive out to Boston.  No rest for the weary.  At least he's not pregnant!

How Far Along: 26 weeks (picture taken at 26 weeks, one day).
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a head of lettuce.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Plus two this week so I'm back at exactly pre-IVF weight.
Workouts: A little stretching and yoga in my labor class.
Maternity Clothes: Pretty much all the time when I go out in public.  At home I can still wear tanks and yoga pants.
Gender: It's a boy!
Movement: Increasing by the day.  He has about three really active times, usually meals or bedtime.
Sleep: Fine.
What I miss: Not having reflux at night.
Cravings: Peanut butter and milk.
Symptoms: Reflux.
Anxiety Level: Pretty good this week.
Best Moment this week: Getting our furniture.
Reading: I picked up A Discovery of Witches again because I am almost done and my coworker mentioned she loved it.  It's just so annoying how all these women in vampire novels have low self esteem.  Sigh.
Dad is: Recovering and busy.
We got our furniture!  I'm very happy about it and can post pictures soon.  The Best Chair is SO comfortable.
I went to my first Active Birth class last week and learned a lot.  I'm looking forward to my second one tonight (and being there with DH who knows very little about such topics). 
Please excuse the gross picture.  Despite blow drying my hair and putting on makeup I left the house tonight not realizing it was pouring rain so I've looked like a drowned rat all day.  I also tried to put a dress on this morning and felt so fat and gross that I took it off and threw on this rocking ensemble.  I'll try to look prettier tomorrow.
Work sucks bad.  People are so needy.  I'm over it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment