RSS

33 Weeks

It's week 33 and SO much is happening!

First, we got dumped by our second team of doulas and had to scramble to find a replacement.  Long story short but I think we have finally found the perfect match.  We signed an actual contract with this one too so I'm hoping they don't flake out like the last two.

Second, I am officially on the Job Hunt!  Yes, applying to jobs in the third trimester.  Holy crap!  I never really expected to be doing anything career wise at this point except counting down the days to my extended maternity leave, but I really can't ignore my current job woes anymore and decided to be proactive about my professional satisfaction.  Part of me is nervous about so many life changes occurring at the same time but most of me is just excited that there seems to be good opportunities out there for me.

How Far Along: 33 weeks.
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a honey dew.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained another pound or two this week.  It was Administrative Professionals Day so, with leftovers, I had eggplant parm and ziti three times this week for lunch.  Three or four pounds over pre-IVF weight and two or three below BFP weight.
Workouts: I started walking on my lunch break with the nice weather.
Maternity Clothes: I bought another dress yesterday (see above) even though I told myself I was done spending money.  Oh well, it was on clearance.
Gender: It's a boy!
Movement: Yes, he's been active this week.
Sleep: Yes please.  I love sleep.  I'd sleep all day if I could, just like the cats.
What I miss: Nada.
Cravings: I have recently picked up an affinity for frosted donuts.  I don't usually like sweet things but man are they good.  See above about weight gain.  LOL.
Symptoms: A little acid.
Anxiety Level: Only a one or a two this week.
Best Moment this week: Meeting our third (and final?!) doula team.  Date night with H.
Reading: What to Expect The First Year.
Dad is: Still recovering from his back injury but doing a lot better.
 
On Saturday we had the second part of our hospital birth class.  It was very reassuring to hear how much our hospital (seemingly) supports an unmedicated childbirth.  I was a little put off by the recovery rooms and how cold and clinical they look, but it's only one day I guess.  The actual delivery rooms are nice but you have to change rooms two hours after you give birth.  I think we've decided to rent a birth tub to bring with us so that I can labor in water. It's not something I ever would have predicted I would be interested in a year ago but the idea is very appealing to me (and DH!).
 
I think I've written before about how most pregnancy books are awful and should be avoided, but in case you needed proof, check out this page from Your Pregnancy Week by Week.  There's only three pages in the book devoted to Week 33 and 1.5 of them are about Placental Abruption.  Lovely.  In Week 34 it explains how epistomies are better than tearing naturally.  Terrible terrible book.  I didn't buy it, for the record, but it was in the library at my office so I've had it on my desk forever and bring it out every time my computer crashes.
 
Tonight I went to a Red Tent event where women discussed their birth stories and childbirth options.  It was a mix of college students who were there for class, midwives and natural birth veterans.  I really enjoyed it.  Part of me wishes I was working with a midwife for this pregnancy (and DH thinks I should switch) but I am thinking it's just too late in the game to make such a major change.  Maybe next pregnancy (ha!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment