RSS

Benjamin - Three Months Old

Benjamin is three months old!  This month we took him to his first ever music festival and he was the world's best baby the whole weekend.  I was worried he would melt down or the weather would suck or all of our friends would abandon us but, luckily, none of that happened at all. 

I know it seems self-serving to attribute interests to someone who has been on the planet less than 100 days, but Benjamin really likes to listen to music.  He would smile and pay attention when a band was playing and get annoyed at set break.  He's our kid! I want to sign him up for a Music Together class which starts next month but I'm not sure how it would impact his bedtime.

My husband taught him to move him arms up and down in tune with the music.  So cute! We also noticed he sleeps the best when he's outdoors so he pretty much slept through eighty percent of the festival.  He did, however, let us take him to the Kids Tent where frankly, he is way too young for the miniature golf or other activities but we still hung out to make some friends with kids and show off his awesome bear costume in honor of the theme of the Kid's Tent - Bear Song.

Weight and other stats: For whatever reason, there is NO three month appointment at my pediatrician's office so we don't know.  I think he's probably twelve pounds now.


Size: He's mostly in 0-3 month clothes now.  We bought a whole bunch of soft onesies from The Gap that were barely used by a friend so he wears those daily because I love them.  The Target newborn onesies I bought still fit too and like one or two things that just say "three months."  We breezed past Size 1 Pampers Swaddlers pretty fast and now we're in Size 2.

Eating: I don't keep track anymore but I swear he's in a growth spurt.  He sucked down three bottles last night so that's about 11 ounces.  During the day today he had about sixteen?  I don't know, it seems like he eats a ton but it's still pretty consistently 24-28 ounces a day. I pump six times a day so Benjamin consumes about 80% breast milk.

Sleeping: I have been on a mission to get him to nap lately.  Three days this week I've managed to get a two to three hour nap.  It takes very hard work and determination though!  I should write more about this later.


Likes: His hands!  Seriously he has so much fun just sucking on his hands or looking at them, especially in the morning.  I will unswaddle him and change his diaper and then go back to bed while he lays next to me in the Rock N Play cracking himself up talking to his hands.


Dislikes: Sigh.  He has gone off his swing, which was always sort of hit or miss.  And he still hasn't taken to his "Zen Chair" which means a whole lot of baby crap taking up our floor space has been for naught (not to mention the money spent on them).  I haven't removed them from the apartment yet just in case he changes his mind but when we bring out his exersaucer that may change. Also still hates the Ergo (and the Boba Air) but loves this cheapy crotch dangler I got at a flea sale).


In other news, we went to visit my inlaws to spread my sister in law's ashes.  It was every bit as depressing as you could imagine, maybe more so actually. I am comforted by the fact that her kids are doing well.  I hope we are able to have a close relationship with them going forward.  My husband and I always talked about doing a special activity with my nephew before this happened and it just never came to pass for whatever reason, but now I know I should make sure it will happen.

We also went and stayed with my parents for a week, which was nice. I like being able to take a nice long nap or be able to pass Benjamin off to fresh arms. He loves to be held and luckily he's not too discriminate so long as someone is interacting with him.

That reminds me of day care...we went to visit since my husband had never seen the place I picked.  It looked nice and comfortable.  I am sure we will be happy there.  I am just sort of questioning how mellow it looked, lol.  Benjamin loves action and all these kids were just sort of laying around. Maybe I just came at a quiet time, who knows.  I'm going to see how it goes and reevaluate within a few weeks/months.  None of the babies were crying, so that's good.  AND it's only a few feet from where I work.

Finally, I have another job interview next week.  It's my third while on maternity leave so I'm not putting all my eggs in the basket or anything but I'm looking forward to it.   Same commute (walking ten minutes) but a potentially more engaging work environment and more moolah!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Hello to you and sweet Benjamin! I'm Heather- I have a question about your blog. Could you email me when you get a chance?! HVSJ12@gmail.com

Post a Comment