RSS

35 Weeks

Today I'm 35 weeks pregnant, which means I have 35 days to go! I tried to explain to DH the concept of "35/35" as it is known to pregnant ladies everywhere but he was less enthusiastic.  He should try walking around with a baby in his pelvic region for a week or two and then see how he feels about celebrating milestones.

We had my "first" Mother's Day this weekend.  I mean, I'm not a mother to an "outside baby" just yet but the day was special because it was the first time since my first year of law school I haven't gone to see my parents and/or in laws.  Don't get me wrong, I missed being with my family, but after a lot of travel lately, everything at work, plus traveling again next weekend for Shower #2, it was nice to have a weekend to ourselves.

Saturday we attended a day long crash course on using our DSLR camera.  It was really cool!  I'm still very much a novice when it comes to taking pictures but at least I understand all the concepts behind it and what most of the buttons do.

Sunday there was a festival in the park across the street from our apartment.  The tulips were all blooming and it was really nice, despite the iffy weather.  We saw an up and coming band we like and ate yummy carnival food.


Speaking of iffy weather, it was 45 degrees today.  In May!  So this is a rare belly shot of me in my one pair of maternity pants.  I loathe them.  Despite the fact that I'm wearing an undershirt you can totally see the entire panel of the pants in this picture.  It's okay though, since I wore a cardigan to work over this shirt.  I took the cardigan off so that you can see the bump better.  My hair is also a hot mess because DH was on a conference call this morning so he didn't get to take this picture until I got home at 7 p.m.


How Far Along: 35 weeks.
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a coconut!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: No real change.  Though I weighed in at the doctor in the afternoon this week and was up like five pounds but I usually have morning appointments so I think it was just water weight.  Who knows. Three below BFP weight on my bedroom scale this morning.
Workouts: Anytime I walk anywhere I feel like I deserve a medal.
Maternity Clothes: Screw maternity clothes.  I just bought three potential shower dresses. One of them was maternity and cost $130.  The other two were non maternity and came out to $72 for both.  I'm hoping to return the first one but I still haven't made up my mind.
Gender: It's a boy!
Movement: Yes!  This week my son discovered The Black Eyed Peas and he is a fan.
Sleep: Yes please.  I love sleep.  I'd sleep all day if I could, just like the cats.
What I miss: Not peeing ten times a night.
Cravings: Went to a carnival yesterday and wanted kettle corn if that counts.  Otherwise, none.
Symptoms: Feels like a baby is about to fall out of my vagina.
Anxiety Level: Only a one or a two this week.
Best Moment this week: My first Mother's Day!
Reading: Sigh.  I had so many lofty reading goals for this pregnancy but tiredness and work has just gotten in my way.
Dad is: Becoming an expert with our new DSLR.

So much on my mind to write about right now, but I'm going to save some stuff for later posts and just focus on work. I submitted my maternity leave plan on Tuesday. so nearly a week ago and still haven't heard word back on it yet.  As frustrating as that is, I'm just going to have to assume it will be accepted and, if so, my last day of full time employment will be Friday, June 7th.  I will be 38 weeks, 4 days by that point.  The following week I will work half days until my last day, June 14th when I will be 39 weeks, 4 days.  After that I'm hoping the baby is a few days late so I can just chillax at home for a while and watch Netflix.  Now that I've written that out, of course, he will likely come on June 7th.

Further assuming that my maternity leave plan is accepted AND I don't get a new job in the meantime, I will have 18 weeks off!  I decided to combine my six week paid maternity leave with six weeks sick time and six weeks of saved vacation time.  This would put me back at the office on October 21st, though I indicated that I would be open to the possibility of returning several days a week starting after we get back from our planned Cape Cod vacation on September 16th (after 13 weeks).

But these are all BIG IFS because I have every expectation I will find a better job in the next five months.  On Friday, yet another attorney at my office gave her notice.  There are apparently better paying jobs out there we're qualified for and it's just a matter of time before one of them is mine. Ideally this would all work out just as my leave is ending but I'll trade a few weeks of leave for a less toxic work environment and a fifty percent pay increase.

That's all for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment