RSS

34 Weeks

So, first things first, I'm not wearing the dress I promised I'd wear every six weeks, as last seen in my Week 28 check in. What I failed to consider at 28 weeks was that it would be 75 degrees today and a long sleeve dress would look dumb.  Next pregnancy I must think of a better theme.  I've seen some people do the same top once a week but the idea of having to put on a special outfit just for the picture exhausts me already and I am still not a parent.  And since I only dress up three (sometimes four) days a week for work it would be silly to try to plan on wearing the same thing on the same day every week.  Maybe next time I'll be due on a Saturday?  Fingers crossed!

And now, this week's dress appeared in a few of my recent posts but never as my official check in dress.  I wore it to our Jack and Jill party and to my nephew's baptism.  I've only worn it once or twice to work so I was happy to get it out today for the nice weather.  It wasn't until four hours after this picture was taken that I realized MY DRESS WAS ON BACKWARDS.  So anyway, I think it still works, right?  LOL. The neckline is supposed to be a lot higher but I doubt anyone at work noticed.

I can't believe I'm 34 weeks already.  I think DH is finally getting used to the idea that there will be an actual baby coming into our lives NEXT MONTH.


How Far Along: 34 weeks.

Size of baby: Baby is the size of a butternut squash, which I think is the third different variety of squash he's been. Who knew there were that many?
Total Weight Gain/Loss: About the same?  It's actually been fluctuating a lot this week but as of today I'm three or four pounds over pre-IVF weight and two or three below BFP weight.
Workouts: Just walking at lunch.
Maternity Clothes: About 50/50.  Now that the weather is nice I'm just throwing on stretchy t-shirts more often.
Gender: It's a boy!
Movement: Yes, he is a little dancer this week.  I also think he smells food but my husband assures me that can't be true.
Sleep: Yes please.  I love sleep.  I'd sleep all day if I could, just like the cats.
What I miss: Really wanted a margarita for Cinco de Mayo.
Cravings: None. Food is gross and who wants to eat it?
Symptoms: Another nighttime acid induced puke fest!
Anxiety Level: Only a one or a two this week.
Best Moment this week: Another prenatal massage. Redecorating the bedroom.

Reading: Almost done with Instinctive Parenting (which I'm really enjoying).  I've been such a slow reader this pregnancy but I attribute that mostly to work being so busy.
Dad is: My hero because he rented a moving van to bring us all our "new" furniture and moved most of it all by himself (with his busted back).

Two hair loss related stories, one TMI and one not:

I went yesterday for only my second ever bikini wax in my 33 years of life.  Everyone told me I was NUTS for scheduling my first while pregnant (before we went on our cruise) but it was no big deal and I resolved I would return every four weeks throughout the pregnancy. It didn't hurt at all!

Well, fast forward about 16 weeks and I finally get back to the salon.  OMG.  Seriously it hurt more than when I dislocated my shoulder.  Why am I planning a natural birth?  I was dying.  I actually didn't let her finish the top part so there is just a random spot of hair hanging out.  I look like a freak.  She said to come back in three weeks and take Tylenol first and promises it will hurt less.  I'm not sure I can do it.

Now, about my other pussy.  My poor cat has been chewing his hair off.  We don't know what to do.  The vet diagnosed him as having seasonal allergies but I think it may be anxiety related.  We moved things around in the bedroom yesterday and (since I was worried he would be anxious) I bought two new cat beds to try to cheer him up. But no, he has been waging war with the other cat ever since.  I'm afraid he's going to be bald by the time the baby gets here.  Stay tuned for (hopefully) some progress as we tackle this problem.

Our breastfeeding class was this past Saturday and I thought it sucked.  It had some good videos but the nurse teaching it relied way too much on her Power Point and I feel like I didn't learn anything I didn't already know.  DH seemed to learn some things so I guess it wasn't a total waste.  I'm going to have to do some more breastfeeding preparation on my own in the next couple of weeks.

DH and I had long crazy days today so we skipped our Infant Care class.  We fail as parents already.  I think there's another one we can go to.

So that's it for now.  Here's a picture of the cats.  I'm feeling mostly good this week except for some late night puking.  I bought new sheets yesterday in the name of "nesting."

1 comments:

Non Sequitur Chica said...

I had a brazilian while on IVF drugs and it was SO UNCOMFORTABLE (this coming from someone that has had brazilians for the past 8 years or so). However, I went last week to get a little less than a brazilian and I don't know if it was b/c I went to a new person at the spa or not, but it was so easy!! Maybe try a different waxer? The technique REALLY makes a difference.

Post a Comment