RSS

5 Weeks

This week has been super fun because I went on two mini-vacations.  The whole pregnancy thing has been a definite bonus, even though I barely have any symptoms.  It makes me happy to go to bed at night (early) and wake up one more day pregnant.  I'm not sure it will feel "real" until I see the ultrasound on Monday but I'm just staying positive in the meantime.

Yesterday marked eight months until the baby gets here, which all of a sudden seems really soon. Whatever happened to those women who claimed pregnancy was ten months?  I just got started and have less than eight months to go!

On Friday, H and I went out of town to see two shows by our favorite band.  We're kinda groupies.  Between the two of us I think we've seen 110+ of this band's shows. We also stopped by my alma mater and the football team actually won so that was awesome.  They usually only win one game a year so I'm glad we caught it.

 Sunday I flew to Ft. Lauderdale for some fun in the sun.  I had wanted to get away for a while and had a free flight to use but it was hard to schedule with all the fertility treatments.  It was so relaxing to sit by the pool and read.  My hotel room had an awesome king sized bed and soaking tub that I enjoyed.  I got home last night feeling totally refreshed.

I had taken a normal (clothes on) 5 week shot because it has been years since I've allowed myself to be photographed in a bathing suit - much less shared it with the Internet - but I decided to share this one instead, realizing this may be as good as I look for the foreseeable future (tear).

How Far Along: 5 weeks, 3 days.
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a appleseed.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Down 9 lbs from day of retrieval.
Workouts: I swam a lot on vacation but nothing formal.
Maternity Clothes: Nope.
Gender: Who knows.
Movement: Not yet.
Sleep: Awesome.
What I miss: Two times this week I was at restaurants where seared tuna was the best thing on the menu.  Oh well.
Cravings: I don't want to eat anything.  I can drink milk though.  Soups are good.
Symptoms: Nada.
Anxiety Level: A little bit on the plane on the way back but other than that, pretty much zero.
Best Moment this week: Lounging by the pool in Ft. Lauderdale.
Reading: What to Expect When You're Expecting (pretty good).
Dad is: Making sure we have healthy foods to eat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment