RSS

6 Weeks

This was a pretty good week because we got to see a healthy pregnancy confirmed on the ultrasound Monday.  I got my favorite nurse for the appointment and when she asked me how I was I said "apparently pregnant."  She thought I was crazy for not really believing I was pregnant but a) I don't really feel any different and b) I'm a little jaded from having my empty uterus scanned so many times.

Beside from confirming that, yes, I am actually pregnant, the ultrasound answered another important question: two babies on board or one?  We transferred two embryos to increase the likelihood of success but we were both a little intimidated by the idea of twins.

The verdict is..........

One!

Cue huge sigh of relief.  The nurse said there is still a tiny chance that one pregnancy is "hiding" and we'll see it next week but I'm pretty certain just one of our rock star embryos stuck around.  The cats will be thankful our household will continue to have more tiny felines than tiny humans.

I'm not sure what the right word is for what we saw - it's too early to even be considered a fetus.  For the time being we are calling the pregnancy Gizmo.  One gestational sac.  One yolk sac. The nurse was unable to find a heartbeat at first but eventually located the fetal pole and saw it flickering a bit.

Gizmo was measuring 5 weeks 5-6 days when I was really 6 weeks but they assured me there was nothing to worry about. By this coming Monday (weeks) I should b able to hear the heartbeat.

How Far Along: 6 weeks, 4 days.
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a sweet pea.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Down 10 lbs from day of retrieval, woot woot.
Workouts: None, sigh.
Maternity Clothes: Nope.
Gender: Who knows.
Movement: Not yet.
Sleep: Good, early to bed.
What I miss: Nothing.
Cravings: Nope, not hungry.
Symptoms: None at all
Anxiety Level: Holding steady at 1-2.
Best Moment this week: Seeing Gizmo on the ultrasound.
Reading: You Having a Baby (interesting book I found at the library).
Dad is: Busy at work.
 
Overall I'm doing pretty great this week.  H told his parents the news yesterday and they are ecstatic. We'll start telling more family at Thanksgiving (10 weeks).

0 comments:

Post a Comment