RSS

7 Weeks

It's been a crazy week of highs and lows.  Last Saturday we had planned to do something fun for Halloween but I woke up to some bright red bleeding in the morning.  The on-call nurse told me to take it easy so I didn't move from the couch for the rest of the weekend.  Then Sandy came bearing down on us, but luckily we weren't too affected.  I wish I could say the same for our relatives.  Five days later and both of our parents and my sister in law are still without power (and heat!).

Monday morning we went in for my second ultrasound.  I was a little apprehensive due to the bleeding but all of a sudden, the nurse played with some buttons on the ultrasound machine and we heard it.

Buh bump

Buh bump

Buh Bump

Gizmo's heartbeat!  It was a healthy 120 beats per minute.  He was measuring three days behind but they told me not to worry so I'm just going with it for now.

I look like a hot mess in this picture because I got so sweaty on my walk home.  That's been happening a lot lately.  I'm going to have to make DH take my picture before I leave for work from now on.

How Far Along: 7 weeks, 5 days.
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a blueberry.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: After holding steady at 10-11 pounds down from retrieval day, I've put two pounds back on the past couple of days so I'm currently 8 pounds less than retrieval day which is just 2 pounds less than I was directly before IVF.  I sort of wished the weight loss would have continued another week but now I'll just have to be more careful I guess.
Workouts: None.  I actually was planning on going to prenatal yoga but the class was cancelled.  Next week I hope.
Maternity Clothes: Nope.
Gender: Who knows.
Movement: Not yet.
Sleep: Pretty good.  A little bedtime anxiety.
What I miss: Nothing.
Cravings: Milk and cheese.
Symptoms: A little nausea but not so bad.
Anxiety Level: It was elevated after my bleeding scare last weekend and I get a little ramped up before bed lately.
Best Moment this week: Hearing Gizmo's heartbeat!
Reading: Mostly non-pregnancy reading this week.
Dad is: Cute.


Monday is my next ultrasound and (hopefully) my graduation day from the fertility doctor.  I hope everything continues to go well because, so far, this whole pregnancy thing has been a lot easier than I had expected, other than the unsolicited parenting advice I've already started to get from my mother - more on that later probably.

0 comments:

Post a Comment