RSS

11 Weeks

Oh man.  I don't think I've seen a side profile shot of myself since my wedding pictures and those shots were quickly deleted, but in the interest of "preserving memories" here is my 11 week shot.  There's no belly yet and, believe it or not, my boobs have always been that big.  Sigh.  When I'm done with kids I'm gonna get them chopped off.  But enough self-loathing.

I'm 11 weeks!  11 weeks isn't as big of a milestone as 10 weeks but it's awfully close to 12 weeks - which some consider the start of the second trimester so it's pretty friggen awesome.

How Far Along: 11 weeks, 1 days (picture taken at 11 weeks)
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a lime
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still down 9-10 pounds from retrieval day amazingly
Workouts: Traveled most of this week for Thanksgiving and still getting over cold so no
Maternity Clothes: Not yet
Gender: Who knows
Movement: Not yet
Sleep: Yes although a little random insomnia thrown in
What I miss: Wine!  Thanksgiving with family was tough stone cold sober
Cravings: None
Symptoms: Constipation (probably my fault because I ran out of Colace) and cramping/spotting
Anxiety Level: A little elevated at night when I woke up and realized I was all alone
Best Moment this week: Telling H's family the news on Thanksgiving
Reading: Just started Bringing Up Bebe and it's really good
Dad is: In Vegas - lucky duck

This week is the first week in November that I don't have a day off and H is unexpectedly out of town all week so I'm catching up on some "me" time, namely eating microwaved food and watching Teen Mom 2 on Netflix.  I'm nearly done fighting the Cold of Death.  Work is getting busier.
 
Pregnancy is going well.  I woke up yesterday to some blood tinged CM which was scary.  It was followed by some killer cramps that had me panicked and Dr. Googling.  I was annoyed that after being so Zen Calm about pregnancy so far I had reason to freak all of a sudden.  I decided against calling the doctor because I didn't want to be "that patient."  One of the things Dr. Google suggested was dehydration and even though I usually drink A TON of water at work I drank some more and eventually the cramps subsided.  Today all is okay.
 
Thanksgiving we gathered twenty of my husbands family and friends in my inlaw's living room and told them the news about our pregnancy.  I cried my eyes out, which is weird because I already knew the news.  LOL
 
Yesterday was another milestone of sorts.  I saw an old colleague I used to be close with on the street and randomly told her I was pregnant.  I'm not sure what came over me.  She proceeded to tell me all about her many miscarriages and how she hemorrhaged throughout her entire pregnancy with her son and had to be hospitalized for much of the pregnancy.  Yikes!
 

3 comments:

Pinky3Promise said...

Ugh why does everybody think it's OK to scare pregnant ladies?!? Aren't you going through enough already? And yeah, getting dehydrated or overdoing it made me bleed/spot 3x, so I always made sure try minimize that whenever possible.

I was wondering if you were planning to breastfeed or not...(you don't have to answer if you don't want to...) The reason I ask is because I also have a larger chest and it actually influenced positioning and latching a LOT. I had to pump for 6 months because my 1st son refused to latch and my nipples were too flat, but my 2nd son breastfed like a champ for 20 months! It's worth researching, especially for large cup sized women. Glad things are going well!

Wanda said...

Hi Pinky, I definitely want to try breastfeeding - at least when I'm off work. I haven't done much reading into how larger breasts will affect thing so thanks for bringing that to my attention. My sister is similarly cursed and she breastfeeds so I was hoping to get lucky.

Pinky3Promise said...

Well the main thing for me was that the typical size breast shields on the Med.ela pumping machine did not fit and pulled at nipples in a horribly painful manner. I had to buy a bigger size. Here is some info about it:

http://www.medela.com/IW/en/breastfeeding/good-to-know/right-size-of-breastshield.html

And if you Google "Made.la Breast shield size chart", the 2nd result link will bring you to a PDF file with which MM size is best (in case you ever needed to pump @ work or home.) I'm glad your sister was able to be successful with the BF! I'm also glad the first part of unchallenged scan went well (as mentioned in your most recent post.) :)

Post a Comment