RSS

20 Weeks

I started writing this entry yesterday so forgive me if it sounds a little all over the place.  We just got home from a visit to see DH's grandmother who was moved to a hospice center yesterday.  It was a long sad day and before we even made it back we learned that she had passed away.

So, while I'm very happy to have reached the midway point in my pregnancy I'm also busy with the sad news of losing a loved one.  She lived a long, full life - nearly ninety years though I'm not sure if anyone knows her real age.  She was still teaching a few months ago! It was tough seeing her on her last day and I'm glad she didn't have to be in that suspended state for much longer.  May she rest in peace.

Now onto the baby, which she had predicted would be a girl.

How Far Along: 20 weeks
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a banana. A banana, really?
Total Weight Gain/Loss:  Still  at pre-IVF weight which is 5 pounds less than the day of my IVF retrieval but 5 pounds more than I was on the day of my BFP.
Workouts: Nada.
Maternity Clothes: Yes, need more but I'm cheap.
Gender: We will find out February 1st! 3rd because we're doing a cheesy gender reveal cake with our families.  Hate away, I'm excited!
Movement: Yes, I think so.  It's pretty subtle but I think I'm getting a lot at bedtime. DH thinks he even felt it one night.
Sleep: From good to awful to okay.
What I miss: Not peeing all the time.  This too was supposed to go away in the second trimester but I haven't been so lucky.
Cravings: Nada.Symptoms: Heartburn is back!  It actually just started a few hours ago but it sucks the big one.
Anxiety Level: Awful.  I'm back on Zoloft.  I only lasted eleven days and then the walls came crumbling down but more on that later.
Best Moment this week: I posted my 20 week picture on Facebook and got a million likes.  I'm so vain.
Reading: Still reading A Discovery of Witches but it has started to really suck.  I'm almost done so I guess I'll just plow through.
Dad is: Sad about his grandmother but hopeful about the job interviews he's had recently.
 
So I need to save most of my funny pregnancy anecdotes for a time when I feel less sad but I will say this: walking around with a giant bowling ball resting on top of your pelvis takes friggen work.  I feel like I'm wearing a Halloween costume. It is weird!  I used to think pictures of bare pregnancy bellies were GROSS - who wants to see that?  The answer is - I do!  I seriously can't stop staring at my bump. I'm a little obsessed with it.  I probably won't post any pictures of it online but I will save some for myself.  Because it is friggen cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment