RSS

25 Weeks

DH  went out of town today so I had to take a selfie in the work bathroom but someone had just walked in so it is a little rushed.  My bump looks smaller than last week but it really depends on what I'm wearing.  I don't have many "can you believe they said that?" stories so far in this pregnancy but today the woman who works the register in my work cafeteria (who I see twice a day five times a week) asked me how far along I was and I said "six months" to which she said "oh, really?"  I should note that she's only ever mentioned my pregnancy in the past two weeks, so maybe she thought I was just barely pregnant.  I think I look pretty big.

We finally cleared out the office!  And by we, I mean DH, though I did help carry some of the stuff down to our storage unit.  I wanted to also hang up the decals we bought before the furniture gets here this coming Friday but DH wants to patch up and repaint some spots in the wall.  He was all "we have SO much time."  Ha ha ha, no we don't. Seriously every weekend in April and May are now booked with showers or birth/baby classes and we're going away for four days in two weeks and, oh yeah, I'm not getting any less pregnant but, alas, progress is progress.  I'm excited to sit in my chair again.

I have the first of my seven week Active Birth class starting tomorrow, very exciting!  I'm also going to meet with a doula and hear all about her services.

How Far Along: 25 weeks.
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a cauliflower, which, less face it, he's never experienced these past 25 weeks.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Despite no amount of appetite restraint I seem to have misplaced a pound or two this week.  Currently two below pre-IVF weight.  Don't ask me how.  I give up.
Workouts: Cleaning like he's coming any minute now.
Maternity Clothes: Pretty much all the time when I go out in public.  At home I can still wear tanks and yoga pants.
Gender: It's a boy!
Movement: Feeling him a lot more at night now.  Still quiet during the day but at my appointment on Friday the doctor said he was very active when she checked with the doppler.  I guess I can't feel it.
Sleep: Harder to fall asleep.  Acid reflux plus restlessness.  Then usually pee time circa 3 a.m. then 6 a.m.
What I miss: Nada.
Cravings: None.
Symptoms: Occasional reflux.
Anxiety Level: Not bad but spikes at night.
Best Moment this week: Met two nice women from my birth month board for dinner on Friday.
Reading: Just finished Beautiful Creatures.  Pretty disappointing finish.  Now will proceed to read some parenting books or maybe breastfeeding.
Dad is: Didn't get the job he was optimistic about.  Waiting for another interview later this week at a different place.  Fingers crossed.

For a brief moment in time I was totally going to move to New York City and quit my job to sit in a cafe with Gizmo all day long writing the next great children's story like an American J.K. Rowling but those plans fell through so now it's back to Plan A (B? C?).  I tried to get the wheels in motion for maternity leave paperwork but it is such a joke at my job.  The form just says "date leaving" and "date returning" with room for three signatures.  So I have to actually speak to my boss without knowing  the actual leave policy.  HR just said I get 30 days paid leave and then can take whatever accrued time I have saved. No other details.  I really need more details.  Can I take "Sick Leave" when I'm no longer "sick?"  Guess I'll find out in a few weeks when I actually sit down with my boss.  My coworker thought I was insane for trying to figure this out at 25 weeks and said I have plenty of time.  Why does everyone keep saying that?  Gah!

My Gobbi mobile arrived and it's really nice.  Seeing how much smaller the balls are compared to the one I had tried to DIY makes me think I should have just bought smaller balls, but I still think it saved me a solid five hours to buy it so I consider it money well spent.

I'm feeling really good lately.  I think pregnancy agrees with me.  Or maybe just prolonged sobriety.  Or not dealing with infertility.  I'm excited for the next chapter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment