RSS

30 Weeks

Thirty weeks, finally!  I remember fantasizing about "the thirties" earlier in this pregnancy as a stage I couldn't wait to hit.  It's the point where exciting things seem to happen weekly.  Baby showers, home prep, birthing classes, signs of labor, etc.  As they said in the movie "Almost Famous," "it's all happening!"

And it is, really.  I'm at that stage women complain about but I sort of love; where everyone you meet seems to need to comment on your pregnancy.  Oh sure, sometimes it's annoying - like when the barista I've seen on a regular basis for years asks me if I want decaf when I've never ordered decaf in my life - but mostly it's nice.  People, even strangers, are genuinely happy and excited for you. In a way, accepting congratulations on a pregnancy is a little strange.  I mean, most people just pulled the goalie one night and two weeks later, bam, two pink lines.

Don't get me wrong. I don't feel I "achieved" anything by getting pregnant from IVF because most of that had to do with fate and doctors, but, looking back, I am proud of how far I've come in the past year.  Back when I was first starting fertility treatments circa March 2012 I was significantly more fearful of certain driving scenarios.  Unfortunately my fertility doctor was located past a "no go zone" for me. This meant a lot of getting my husband to drive me to appointments or taking a (pricey) cab ride both ways to get there.  
 
Eventually, just based out of necessity and frustration I "got over it" to the point where I not only drove myself to an average of two weekly appointments between June and September, I even picked a new OBGYN whose office location requires me getting on a highway (albeit very briefly).  It IS sort of annoying because it takes twenty minutes to get there and isn't as easy as going to my old OBGYN who was located less than two miles from home and on a bus line, but I hated her.

I AM still nervous about driving with Gizmo in the car.  To tell the whole truth, sometimes the thought keeps me up at night. Yet, because I have gotten over fears just like it in the past, I'm hopeful this is another fear I can just sort of "kick" with time and practice.

Anyway, enough of that, here are my stats....
 
How Far Along: 30 weeks!
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a cucumber allegedly.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Holding steady at pre-IVF weight exactly, which is technically two pounds more than last week but it fluctuates a few pounds daily.
Workouts: Nada.
Maternity Clothes: For the most part.  I ended up spending even more money on maternity clothes this week when I couldn't find a non-maternity dress to wear to my nephew's baptism but the dress I did find is awesome (see picture).
Gender: It's a boy!
Movement: A lot more at night now but he's still lazy during the day.  I wonder if he'll be a Night Owl?
Sleep: I have good nights and bad nights.  The other night I threw my guts up when I accidentally laid on my back for a few minutes.
What I miss: I really want a margarita.

Cravings: Today I wanted chocolate, which is rare.
Symptoms: Ever present acid but I switched to Prevacid yesterday so fingers crossed.
Anxiety Level: I had one pretty crappy afternoon this week but otherwise well.
Best Moment this week: Hitting thirty weeks is pretty cool, also seeing my family this past weekend.
Reading: Still reading Bringing Up Bebe and occasionally Instinctive Parenting.
Dad is: Taking good care of me.

In exciting condo news, we finally got access to one of the few spare closets in the building.  For the low price of $200 a year we actually have a place to store the paint supplies and tools that are currently taking up space in the closet in Gizmo's office/nursery. So look forward to seeing a post on baby stuff storage in the near future.

I told H that getting the closet feels like the universe's way of telling us we don't need to move yet.  Maybe my mind will change when Gizmo gets here, but everything I was fretting about money wise last week holds true - we technically (almost) have the money but we don't have all the money we'd like to have. 

Coming up this weekend is our Jack and Jill! I'm excited to open some presents.  I stalked our registry and a couple of things have been bought already, which makes me excited.
 
And finally, here's one of our maternity photos that I like.  I will share more soon.




0 comments:

Post a Comment