RSS

32 Weeks

32 weeks pregnant!  Less than two months to go!  My coworker keeps telling me (wrongly) that 34 weeks is full term so "after that, the baby can come anytime."  So even though I still have a ways to go (56 days) I'm close to what one random woman (with two grown children, mind you) consider full term, that weirdly makes me feel like I'm close to the end.

Also, we had our Prepared Childbirth class at the hospital on Saturday and I can safely say that my husband and I are Birth Experts.  He was such a knowitall, answering all the questions the teacher asked.  I was surprised he had actually absorbed as much as he has, but he has been to four other birth classes and watched The Business of Being Born, so I guess he was paying attention.  In fact, he's SO into natural birth now, that I sort of hope I don't let him down.

But, speaking of pain, why is my picture a selfie this week?  Because my husband, the fearless natural birth advocate, threw out his back yesterday during Spring Cleaning and is laid up on the couch. I insisted on taking him to the Urgent Care today after he had been immobile and complaining for over twenty four hours, marking this as the second time in six weeks he's needed emergency medical care.  So now he's got the good drugs and hopefully he's on the mend.

We also took one of our cats to the vet last week.  He's fine.  Suffering from seasonal allergies, which is making him over-groom and develop a bald spot.  We just don't know how to treat it because he won't take the medicine, even covered in yummy medicine masking goo.

So I give up, man.  I'M VERY VERY PREGNANT AND I NEED EVERYONE ELSE TO NOT GET SICK RIGHT NOW.  Not to make everything all about me but, you know, bowling ball on my bladder and all.

How Far Along: 32 weeks
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a squash
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +2!  So two pounds over pre-IVF weight, four pounds below BFP weight.
Workouts: Nada.
Maternity Clothes: Today I wore my rehearsal dinner dress so that was nice.  And regular pantyhose.  But maternity clothes work too.
Gender: It's a boy!
Movement: Not as much as I expected but he loves mealtime and when I lay on my left side.
Sleep: Yes please.  I love sleep.  I'd sleep all day if I could, just like the cats.
What I miss: Nada.
Cravings: None. Most food tastes really gross.

Symptoms: Morning sickness?  Isn't that weird at this point?  But I've thrown up twice recently right after I got dressed for the day.  Other days I felt like almost throwing up.  Not acid reflux throw up either.  Actual gross vomit that stayed in the back of my throat all day.
Anxiety Level: Much better this week.  I drove on the highway!
Best Moment this week: Prenatal massage and also coming home to discover someone had sent us our car seat.
Reading: What to Expect The First Year.
Dad is: Recovering from the back pain but still pondering going out to Boston tomorrow for a meeting.

I'm excited to report that Gizmo has a friend!  DH and I heard a baby cry in our hallway for ten days before we finally came to the conclusion that our neighbors (who we barely ever see) may have actually added a baby to their family.  I still waited a few more days before I went out and got them a small gift and left it outside the door.  Today they came over to say thank you.  I was working late but DH reports that the baby is indeed here to stay and he's three weeks old.  Also, he's not adopted, so I had a pregnant woman living four feet from me for nine months and I never even noticed.  LOL.

I'm starting to think more about my birth plan and have a meeting with my doulas on Friday to talk about it.  I want to make a playlist too but I can't decide what type of music I'll be in the mood for.  Awesome 80's birth? Enya? I need to ponder this for a bit.  Speaking of music, we went to a show on Friday and so many people were staring at me.  I wanted to say "what?  How do you think you got here? I have eight more weeks and I refuse to be a hermit!"
Coming up we have the second part of our hospital birth class.  I'm also going to finish my bedroom declutter project and sort all of the baby's things so I can figure out what we will need to get.

0 comments:

Post a Comment