RSS

31 Weeks

I wore the same dress you see on the left in Week 18.  Sadly, I've had it since I was twelve weeks and it's only now starting to look good on me (it looks a little silly in the Week 18 picture).  It's Liz Lange for Target so luckily it wasn't a million dollars, but I've learned my lesson not to splurge on lots of maternity clothes when you're newly pregnant because some of them are made for a humungous belly you won't have until nearly the end AND all of my pre-pregnancy wrap dresses still fit.

Thirty one weeks and I am getting some presents and other fun stuff, yay! We had a Jack and Jill (coed shower) at my in-law's this weekend and got some nice stuff we didn't have to pay for!  And a dose of "we know everything about babies and you know nothing, you stupid fool," but whatever, free stuff!  Included in our booty was a Sleep Giraffe, an Ubbi diaper pail, and our Skip Hop Versa diaper bag.  H actually picked out the bag and I'm glad I listened to him instead of spending my Fun Money on a pricey Petunia Picklebottom.  It's roomy, stylish and practical.

Here I am at the party sporting my only other maternity dress, which, yes, I did just wear last weekend but it was a different crowd and I friggen love that dress (Pea in the Pod, bought at full price only to see it discounted on the web site several days later).

How Far Along: 31 weeks
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a pineapple, OMG!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Haters gonna hate, still at pre-IVF weight.
Workouts: Nada.
Maternity Clothes: Pretty much.
Gender: It's a boy!
Movement: Hardly any this week.  I think he gave me a break because I was sick.  Doctor said he's very active and I just can't feel it.
Sleep: Fine when I am able to fall asleep.
What I miss: Nada.
Cravings: None.  I'm off cheese now, which is odd.
Symptoms: I HAVE CURED MY ACID REFLUX WITH PREVACID.
Anxiety Level: Not gonna lie, it's pretty bad at night.  I started sleeping with the Rock N Play next to my bed for some reason so maybe I'm freaking myself out.
Best Moment this week: Our party was the highlight of an otherwise crappy week.
Reading: Still reading Bringing Up Bebe and occasionally Instinctive Parenting.
Dad is: In desperate need of new jeans!  He's lost several inches on his waist due to his new fitness regime.  He refuses to buy any because he wants to lose more.  He even refuses to go to Marshall's and get "transition jeans" to appease me.  So he will just look ridiculous (but thinner!) for now.

So the good news is I don't have ANY acid reflux anymore.  Hallelujah!
 
The bad news is I was sick as a dog all week.  Monday and Tuesday I felt my scratchy throat getting worse and by the time I woke up Wednesday I felt like death.  I called in sick to work and slept all day.  Thursday morning I woke up feeling worse so off to Urgent Care I went.  My rapid strep culture came back negative but I got prescribed antibiotics because the doctor said it looked like strep.  In the meantime, however, he was concerned it could also be mono.  I was sent for a blood test and told to follow up with my OB the next day.

Friday I woke up feeling better but since I already had to go to the OB and since I was worried I could have mono I called in sick for a third day.  I never ever miss three days of work!  But anyway, not mono, not even strep according to the cultures but my white blood cell count was off so I'm just gonna finish taking the antibiotics and let them kill off whatever infection I had.

So, sort of a crappy week except for our party and I got to go to a poetry reading last night which was fun.  I've got tons of catching up at work to do this week to make up for last week.  I also have a class where we learn how to take care of babies tomorrow, a massage Friday followed by a concert and then a daylong Prepared Childbirth class at the hospital  It's all happening!

0 comments:

Post a Comment