RSS

23 Weeks

T minus twenty days until our furniture is delivered and we've made a lot of improvement on clearing out the office.  As you can see, we still have to disassemble the bookcase and move all the boxes either to our storage cage in the basement or a rented storage place.  And by "we," I mean DH, but he hurt his back from lifting boxes so he's out of commission for a few days.

We also got our carriage and I'm so excited about it! It's the Uppababy Vista that we fell in love with while testing out different models in a store.  Not wanting to pay full price - as of today it's retailing for $729 on Amazon - I have been stalking craigslist for weeks to find a deal. I finally found a 2012 model, barely used, selling near my parent's house.  We offered $400, my folks picked it up, and we are now its proud owners.  I haven't even seen it in person yet but my parents are very impressed with it.  The bassinet is hopefully where Gizmo will be sleeping for the first few months of his life.

I'm happy things are finally coming along.  I'm glad we still have lots of time left because it seems like we have a million more things to do.


How Far Along: 23 weeks.
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a grapefruit. 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Fluctuating weight this week.  As of today I'm two pounds above pre-IVF weight which is fine, except it was two pounds less yesterday.  Oh well.
Workouts: Does cleaning count?
Maternity Clothes: I went out and bought two more Pea in the Pod shirts yesterday because they are so comfortable and nice material and, well, I can't find one of the ones I already had because I'm just all about losing things lately. I'm wearing the new pink one now. Expensive but worth it.
Gender: It's a boy!
Movement: I thought the movement would increase eventually but it's still pretty rare.  Weird.
Sleep: Just one pee break a night lately.
What I miss: Nada.
Cravings: I went out and got a bunch of Ramen noodles for lunches.
Symptoms: A bit of acid reflux at night. 
Anxiety Level: Much better.  Maybe a two this week.
Best Moment this week: Date night with DH.  We saw all the Oscar nominated short films.
Reading: Abandoned my nearly finished Discovery of Witches in favor of Beautiful Creatures because the latter was on sale for Kindle.
Dad is: Recovering from hurting his back cleaning out the office.
 
It was a good week.  I think switching to the vitamins with Iron has made a difference.  We both have today off of work, so I'm still enjoying a nice leisurely weekend.  I got a pedicure yesterday and tomorrow I have my very first prenatal massage. I'm looking forward to it.
 
DH is still on the job hunt and hopefully we'll have some news on that front soon.  We're hoping to time things so he can quit his current job right after annual bonuses come out in mid-March.

0 comments:

Post a Comment