RSS

22 Weeks


Pictured (at left) is the same dress I wore at sixteen weeks, ten weeks, and four weeks.

I am loving pregnancy this week.  I am feeling little kicks on a regular basis, I feel great, and we are finally doing some baby shopping!

H and I were in the waiting room of the Urgent Care this weekend (persistent sore throat and the doctor can't give me any meds for it) and I read to him from this article that explained why babies are born at forty weeks gestation.  Apparently the old school of thought was that babies' heads got too big to go through the birth canal.  The new thinking is that the reason why babies are born so immature compared to other primates, is that forty weeks is the limit that women can handle metabolically (translation: before babies start sucking the life out of us!)

Ideally, the article said, pregnancy would last longer so that babies would be less needy when they are born.  I laughed when reading this aloud because I always say I would love to give birth to a three month old.  Every time someone hands me a teeny tiny newborn I want them to take it back right away, but I can totally play with a five month old.  So, if they ever figure out how to keep kiddos in for twelve months instead of nine, I'd be all for it.

I say that now at the blissful second trimester ignorance but I may very well change my mind when I hit month nine.

How Far Along: 22 weeks.
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a papaya. 
Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I may have lost two pounds this week, which means I'm two pounds below pre-IVF weight, but maybe it will come back tomorrow. I just ate a banana with peanut butter  in case Gizmo needed some protein.  I'm also drinking cow's milk like it's going out of style.
Workouts: Lol.
Maternity Clothes: Nothing new.  Every now and then I go to add things to my cart but then I tell myself I have enough to get through the next 18 weeks (maybe).  Pre-pregnancy dresses are still the best for work. 
Gender: It's a boy!
Movement: Yes, feeling him several times a day.  It's very cool.
Sleep: Other than the peeing it's okay.
What I miss: Nada.
Cravings: Nada.
Symptoms: Acid reflux is back!  But not as bad as it was.
Anxiety Level: Minor freak out cured by consumerism.
Best Moment this week: Buying a glider and dresser for Gizmo's space.
Reading: Embarrassed to admit I have yet to finish A Discovery of Witches.  I worked late three nights this past week.
Dad is: Talking to Gizmo at night.
 
So after my little nervous breakdown about not having any space to put Gizmo's stuff, we decided to clear out the office to make room for him. Yesterday we drove to the local furniture "just to look" at some gliders because I heard they sold Best Chairs and they came highly recommended by women on the Interwebz.
 
Less than an hour later we were the proud owner of a Best glider and a kickass dresser that we hope Gizmo can have until he goes to college.  The chair is SO comfy that as soon as we sat down on it I knew I had to have it.  H was also pleased that the price tag was so much less than the expensive PBK links I had sent him.  Then we skipped over to the children's room area because we didn't care for any of the dressers in the baby section.  The dresser we got was a little more than we were looking to spend but we agreed it was much better to get something that will last.  I carried that changing pad you see in the picture over to the dresser to make sure it will fit.  We didn't get the matching mirror pictured.


They told us they could be delivered in thirty days which gives us time to get rid of all the CRAP in the office. So, twenty eight days left to go!  I've been keeping myself busy looking for accessories to make the room complete.  It's amazing how spending money on furniture instantly cured my "we're not prepared for the baby" anxiety.  I have enough to keep me busy for at least several weeks now I hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment